2018 Club membership form – just for events, not the Trial Park
The car park is not a practice area and bikes should not be started prior to the event start time, which will be clearly displayed at the signing-on trailer.
Failure to comply may lead to exclusion from the event.
A safe practice area will be set up where possible.
Riding During Event
Any person wishing to compete in the event must sign-on prior to the event start time. This includes Competitors, Minders/Parents/Gaurdians and those wishing to practice only.
In the case of Youth competitors, it is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to look after the rider for the duration of the event.
If the parent/guardian is observing, the rider can participate with another rider’s parent/guardian, who is happy to look after the rider and has permission to do so.
Please keep to a sensible speed whilst in-between sections. Accidents at speed can be extremely dangerous.
The Club has for its objectives the encouragement and protection of motorcycle
trials interests throughout Northern Ireland. Events will be organised in a safe and legal
manner, and affording due consideration to the public and private landowner, whilst
protecting and promoting the needs of the club member. The Club will endeavour to set courses that meet the requirements of competitors at all levels.
The Club will affiliate annually to The Amateur Motorcycle Association (AMCA) and pay the appropriate affiliation fees.
A Trial is a test of motorcycle riding skill and balance of the individual rider over a variety of observed natural obstacles. Riders incur penalties for footing and for failing to fulfil other conditions set out in the various sections on the course.
The annual Member subscription is £5.00, which entitles members to the various benefits attached thereto.
There is also an entrance fee to the Club of £50 payable by all committee members on election to the Club.
The subscription is payable to the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting held in November each year. In the case of new committee members, subscriptions must be paid within 30 days of their election being ratified.
Candidates for election to the committee must be proposed and seconded by two members of the Club and their names submitted for election.
Application for membership can be accepted by the following methods:
- E-mailing the secretary mailto:email@example.com
- Or obtain an application form at any of the events detailed on the web site and by postal communications.
In the case of new members, subscriptions must be paid in full at the time of application.
The Clubs annual year shall run from 1st January to 31st December.
- The Club shall organise Events, open only to members of the Club
- The Club shall be essentially a members’ club, and shall be conducted independently of any personal interests.
- The Club / Events shall be governed by a Committee consisting of:
- Child Protection Officer
- Recognised Trials Instructor (TBA)
- Scruitineering Officer
- First Aid Officer
- Other members as necessary, minimum of five to form a quorum
- The Committee and Officials shall be elected for the period of one year at the Annual General Meeting. In the case of a vacancy occurring in the Offices or Members of the Committee, the Committee shall immediately appoint another person to fill the vacancy until the next Annual General Meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held in November annually. Special Meetings may be convened by direction of the Committee on the written requisition of not less than one-fifth of the members. Fourteen days notice to be given of a General Meeting; five to form a quorum
- The Committee shall, at the Annual General Meeting, present a Report and Balance Sheet, which shall be certified by two Auditors elected at the previous Annual General Meeting.
- The Committee shall make no modifications to these Rules, nor decide to make any alterations in the headquarters of the Club, without the Authority of the General Meeting
- Each member binds himself or herself to abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Club and also by any modifications thereof, made in conformity with such Rules and Regulations.
- If any member desires a matter to be brought forward at a General Meeting, the text of such a matter shall be sent to the secretary at least 10 days before the date of such meeting so that it may be included in the agenda.
- At General Meetings, whether ordinary or extraordinary, a majority of votes decides a resolution, the Chairman having a casting vote in case of even voting.
- In all cases of dispute or disagreement as to the interpretation of the Rules and Regulations of the Club, members accept the decision of the Committee as final and binding.
- In the event of a grave breach, by a member, of the Rules and Regulations of the Club, or of conduct on the part of a member rendering it desirable that he could cease to be a member, a meeting of the Committee shall be convened, at which such member shall be invited to attend to inquire whether a cause for expulsion has arisen or not.In the event of any member, in the opinion of the Committee, being guilty of reckless riding or misbehaviour unsportsmanlike, or un-gentlemanly, or prejudicial to the interests of motorcycling, he shall be called before the Committee and, failing a satisfactory explanation, he may be cautioned or suspended, or required to resign his membership.No member shall be expelled or suspended except by a resolution supported by at least two-thirds of the members of the Committee present at the meeting of the Committee.
- Every member shall be furnished with a copy of the Rules and Regulations together with a list of members, on election.
- It is compulsory for all Trials competitors to hold a current Moto Trial NI membership card.
- Event entry by Quoting Moto Trial NI club membership number for all events.
- It is compulsory for all participants to wear protective equipment in line with the recommendations outlined by the AMCA.
- It is the rider’s responsibility to ensure that their machine is suitable fo the purpose of the event and in appropriate condition for participation.
- Medical Services
- All events will have an official present that holds a certificate of First Aid competency, and that all officials present shall be conversant with the nearest Accident/Emergency Services and have means of contacting them.