Mountfield Trial Postponed 28th March 2015

Mountfield Trial Postponed 28th March 2015

Unfortunately and reluctantly we are going to have to postpone our forthcoming event scheduled for Mountfield on 28th of March.

This decision was not reached lightly and there were numerous reasons for making it.

Firstly, we are restricted now in relation to preparation time for the event. This is due to the fact that we are again running an arena trial in Bangor on Easter Monday, it is fantastic that the local council have asked us back and it shows that last year was a success. The problem that this has created is that we need to construct a new set of sections for this event and every spare hour between now and then is going to be utilized to get these ready.  We also have an event at the Leadmines on 12th April, so time really is restricted.

Secondly, having seen the snow when the guys were up a few weeks ago means we could still be hit with a similar situation, which would scupper the event, but if we leave it to later in the year we are more certain to get fair weather!  At this stage we are looking at running the event on 13th June.

Thirdly as most of you will know, some of our team are heading over to ride in the SSDT, and this on its own is a massive ask, bikes need prepared, riders also need to be ready and this coupled with all the other matters would mean the guys not being fully prepared, and it’s not an event to take lightly!!

Finally, what we have factored into this decision is the Mid Antrim club are running an event this Saturday at Shilnavogey and they have put a lot of effort into ensuring that the event will be suitable for the vast majority of our normal competitors.  Knowing the venue well I would agree that most of those who come to our events will have a cracking day at the trial.  This means that while we are postponing our event the week after, the vast majority of you will still be able to get out this Saturday!

As a team we apologise for having to postpone the event on 28th, we were looking forward to it, a great new venue it no doubt will be, but we  looked at every option to try and keep the date and unfortunately it was not possible